- 1-1/2 cups finely ground almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup tapioca starch/flour
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1. Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions.
2. In a bowl, combine the two flours, tapioca starch and baking powder. Whisk or stir to combine well.
3. In a second bowl, combine coconut milk, eggs and apple cider vinegar. Whisk well.
4. To the liquids, add maple syrup, vanilla and, finally, the melted coconut oil. Whisk well to combine and add to dry ingredients. If your home is on the cooler side, work quickly as the coconut oil will start to solidify. If you live in a tropical climate, you don't have to worry as much.
5. Using a 1/4 cup scoop (or size recommended by your waffle maker's manufacturer), pour batter onto preheated waffle iron and cook until golden brown.
I have a cute mini waffle maker which makes waffles the size of that brand name frozen waffle, but the recipe ended up making 19 mini waffles, so next time, I will halve this recipe. They freeze great, so it's not a problem; standing there for an hour making mini waffles was! I enjoy these plain, since they're made with maple syrup, but I wouldn't judge if you smeared them with ghee and added more syrup! From the freezer, just reheat them in a regular toaster.
Recipe adapted from https://therealfoodrds.com/crispy-grain-free-waffles/