- 1 cup roasted salted pistachios (shelled)
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 1 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
1. Clean and wash the basil. Measure by lightly packing them into a measuring cup. It’s OK if you have a bit more.
2. Dump the pistachios into your food processor and pulse until chopped into small pieces.
3. Add the basil, puree until both the basil and pistachios are combined.
4. With the food processor on, slowly drizzle the single cup of olive oil until the entire cup is in. Use the liquid dispenser of your food processor to help with this.
5. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed. Mix and enjoy on zoodles or as a sauce for chicken, white fish or in one of my lazy dressings.
You'll end up with nearly 2 cups of pesto. If you won't eat it all within a few days, portion them into ice cube trays (I use a silicone baby food freezer thing for this), and freeze. When frozen, pop them out, and place into a freezer safe container.