Restaurant style, smooth salsa. It always tastes the same because canned tomatoes are used.
- 1 - 28 ounce can of tomatoes, diced or whole, drained (save the juice)
- 1 - 10 ounce can Rotel diced tomatoes with chiles, drained (save the juice)
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 small bunch of cilantro, minced
- 2 whole cloves of garlic, smashed
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt (start with 1/4 teaspoon)
1. Add all ingredients, except saved tomato juice, into a blender or food processor.
2. Process until the mixture is smooth and all ingredients are incorporated, and you like the texture. I prefer my salsa drained and pureed, with no extra liquid added. If you want a little looser salsa, add some of the saved tomato juice.
- Use the hotter brand of Rotel diced tomatoes, or add fresh jalapeno if you like.
- Feel free to adjust the onion, garlic and cilantro amounts, depending on what you prefer.
- (not Whole30) - add a pinch of sugar if the mix tastes a little "off".