- Pork loin
- Avocado oil or ghee
- Salt and pepper
Brine your pork in 1/4 cup salt + 4 cups of warm water solution, a minimum of 15 minutes, no more than 30 minutes. Trust me, this will make a world of difference in juiciness.
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Rinse and pat dry your brined pork loin.
3. Score the fat (if any) on your loin with a sharp knife, or pierce the fat cap with toothpicks.
4. Salt and pepper generously.
5. Sear the pork loin with a little avocado oil or ghee over medium to medium high heat in an oven safe skillet or dutch oven. Brown all sides. You don’t need too much oil as the pork will render out some fat, unless your loin is very lean.
6. Check the weight of your pork loin. Use 10-15 minutes per pound as a cooking gauge. So a 4 pound loin would take between 40 to 60 minutes, therefore, start checking the temperature at 40 minutes.
7. Pull the pork from the oven when the internal temp reaches 140 degrees F.
8. Tent loin with foil and let rest about 10-15 minutes before serving.