What IS Whole30?
In my words, Whole30 is a 30 day nutritional reset designed to help you learn what foods work for you and what doesn’t. It’s really a 40 day program as there is a reintroduction period, which I feel is key to moving on with your lifelong healthy eating plan. Whole30 teaches you how to read labels, and be critical of what goes into your food and your body. It is NOT a weight loss diet, but some people, including me, have lost weight.
What can’t I have on Whole30?
* No sugar or sweeteners (real or fake)
* No alcohol
* No dairy
* No legumes (including soy)
* No grains or pseudo-cereals
* No gluten (or bread substitutes)
* No carrageenan, monosodium glutamate (MSG) or sulfites
* No corn, peas, lima beans
* No recreating baked/fried goods with compliant ingredients
* No weighing or measuring yourself!
Details here: https://whole30.com/step-two
Well, what CAN I have?
- real food! Think of things that are not pre-packaged or pre-made. Fresh fruits, vegetables, nuts, beef, chicken, pork (even bacon and deli meats - as long as they are compliant), venison, lamb, fish, veal, seafood. Snow/sugar snap peas in the pod as well. Sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, yams too! Fats such as ghee, coconut oil, coconut milk, olives… the list goes on!
- Google is your friend! Simply Google “Whole30 <ingredient>” where <ingredient> is the item you’re questioning.
- if you are the cook for your family, you do NOT have to cook anything special for them! You can have homemade spaghetti sauce - you eat yours with zoodles or spaghetti squash, they eat it with regular noodles.
I’d love to have you as a client! Click here to find out details about my 8 week coaching program. Contact me via email or Instagram for pricing.